Information Regarding Auditions
Randolph Theater Company was established over 10 years ago as Randolph Community Theater and has since grown into one of the premiere theater groups in the area. Our members range from ages 3 to 80. We present at least three shows each year. Here is what you'll need to know about auditions:
- Upon arrival you will be given a form to complete. The form will have information about the show, rehearsals and financial commitments. Because you will be required to sign, if you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian to accompany you to the audition.
- If we are presenting a musical, you will be required to sing. You should bring a song that shows your range/vocal type at its best. Please prepare 32 bars of the song. It does not need to be from the show. Please bring your own sheet music (no CDs) with you.
- At the end of your music audition, you may leave Stetson Hall unless the directors ask you to remain to read from the script.
- You should also prepare a one minute contemporary monologue.
- Auditions are closed. Please only come to Stetson Hall the night you plan to audition.
- After the audition you will be notified by phone if you are cast and what part you have received. If we are performing a musical all actors will be included in the chorus.
- If you are not cast or didn't get the part that you wanted, do not be discouraged. Often times, we simply don't have enough parts for the many people who audition. Auditioning is a matching process. It is important that we carefully match individual actors with other actors as well as scripted characters that have specific qualities envisioned by the playwright and the director.
There is a participation fee of $25 which is payable during the first few weeks of rehearsal. You may pay by check or cash. You can also meet your participation fee requirement by obtaining an advertisement for the program book from friends, family or a local merchant.
For more information e-mail: email@example.com or call 781-961-0939